Ub3r L33t H4x
Hey there! I notice that you're a guest on this forum, and I'd just like to say that the root Admin here would greatly appreciate it if you'd join.

Thanks, and enjoy browsing through our community!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ub3r L33t H4x
Hey there! I notice that you're a guest on this forum, and I'd just like to say that the root Admin here would greatly appreciate it if you'd join.

Thanks, and enjoy browsing through our community!
Ub3r L33t H4x
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic forum language.

Go down

Basic forum language. Empty Basic forum language.

Post by Fairy Cakes Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:26 am

Basic Forum Language.
I often see topics that have questions like, "What is a Locked Topic?". Well, this guide is for you. This guide will describe Forum language. Don't post a topic asking what LOL means or something. It will more than likely be locked. I would enjoy feedback, and suggestions as well!

Basic Forum Language

Post: A reply/start of a topic. You find these in threads.

Thread: A thread is a topic on a board. Such as this.

Sticky: A thread that has been "stuck" to the top of the page. Only Moderators and Administrators can sticky topics.

Announcement: These are the same as stickies, except they are ALWAYS located above stickies.

Locked Thread: These threads have been locked, and only administrators and moderators can post in this topic.

Moved Thread: A thread that has been moved to a different board.

Junior Moderator: These moderators have control over all of the boards, but can only make topics Stickied. They are marked by a bold, orange name.

Senior Moderator: The Senior Moderators have the same powers as Junior moderators do with the addition of being able to ban members. Sr. Mods have red colored usernames.

Administrators: Admins are marked with light blue username colors and have the power to do anything on the boards.

Avatar- A user's display picture, located below their name.

Signature- A block of text, usually something witty, but can be serious. It can also be an image.

PM- Private Message or Personal Message

Word Count- Number of total words you've made.

Words Per Post- The average number of words you type per post.

Post Count- The total number of posts you have made.

G&OR- Games and other Randomness

CB- Chatterbox (Located in General Chat)

RP- Role Play

Double Post- Two posts by the same user consecutively. Don't do this. Use the Edit button instead.

Topic Flooding- Creating large amounts of pointless topics.

Moderator Warning- A Giant Exclamation mark followed by a warning. After this is issued, that post CANNOT be edited by the poster.

Mini-mod- A member who alerts a moderator if a rule is broken by someone. Mini-modding is considered helpful to moderators, and is the opposite of Backseat modding.

Backseat Mod- A member who acts like a moderator, and tends to scold the one who is breaking the rules. Backseat modding is frowned upon, and is the opposite of Mini-modding.

Shorthand General Talk

Bump- Usually used to revive a topic. Don't revive other users topics though.

LOL- Laughing Out Loud

ROFL- Rolling on floor laughing

FTW- For the win

4TW- For the win

QFT- Quoted for Truth

idk- I don't know.

SPAM- Short Pointless Annoying Messages

OMG- Oh my gosh

ZOMG/OMGZ- Just a humorous way of saying Oh my gosh.

idc- I don't care.

j/k- Just kidding.

g2g- Got to Go.

brb- Be Right Back.

bbl- Be Back Later

bbiab- Be back in a bit.

RMT- Rate my team.

GG- Good Game, or Gotta Go.

FYI- For your information

FTL- For the loss/For the Lose

ASAP- As soon as possible

LG- Let's go

FC- Friend Code

TCG: Trading Card Game

xD - XD: Another term for laughing out loud.

Ttyl: Talk to you later

SRSLY: Seriously

Srry: Sorry

Newb: Newcomer

OOC- Out of Character

WiFi- Short for Nintendo Wireless Fidelity

IMO- In my opinion

iirc- If I recall correctly

n00b- A derogatory term used to describe a newcomer. Try to avoid using this word. Also known as noob, nubcake, and nub.

IRL- In real life

RL- Real life

DB- Dragonball

DBZ- Dragonball Z

DB GT- Dragonball GT

ROFLCOPTER- Rolling on the floor copter. A humorous way to describe ROFL.

MOAR- More

NAO- Now

Plz- Please

K - KK- Okay

GOW- Go on WiFi

UT- Untouched

oic- Oh I see

d/c- Disconnect

r/c- Reconnect

Pic- Picture

NP- No problem

jw- Just wondering

atw- all the way

atm- at the moment

W/- With

w/o- Without

W/E- Whatever

GL- Good Luck

ITT- Ignore this Topic

Flaming- Intentionally making fun, or being mean to another user. Don't do this.

Shoddy- Refers to Shoddy Battle Server, an online Diamond/Pearl battle simulator. Many use it to test teams and to host competitions.

If anyone has anything they would like to add, post it here, or PM me, a moderator, or an administrator, and they can edit my.
*Note to the Mods/Admins* If you add-on my post, please post your username in the thank-you list.
Fairy Cakes
Fairy Cakes

Back to top Go down